|A bomb-laden car which exploded and killed two suspected Boko Haram members in Kano on Saturday|
Two mangled bodies of suspected Boko Haram suicide bombers littered the ground in their Sabuwa Gandu Phase One hideout, Kano State, after officers of the Joint Task Force were engaged in a fierce gun battle in the early hours of Saturday.
Two soldiers were also seriously injured in the combat where about five Armoured Personnel Carriers were deployed.
The residence also served as the bomb factory on the outskirts of the state.
The JTF later paraded arrested relatives of the sect members.
Addressing newsmen who were taken on a tour of the combat area, the Brigade Commander, 3 Brigade Nigerian Army, Brigadier-General Ilyasu Abbah, said his men rescued five wives and 13 children of the sect members.
He said the hoodlums in an attempt to kill the soldiers detonated a Honda Civic vehicle laden with Improvised Explosive Devices which incidentally killed two of them and injured two soldiers in the process.
Gen. Abbah Brigade commander who heads the Joint Security Task Force said another disaster would have occurred in Kano if his team had not been swift by using proactive means to stop the plan.
“These people have been planning for another major operation to wreak havoc as they did the last time. But Allah did not sleep. You can see the cars they had already loaded with bombs. They were ready to move to a destination to detonate them and cause the untimely death of innocent people.
“The JTF had mounted a through surveillance on these people through the information patriotic people gave to us. We have been trailing them; hence they were also ready to get rid of the soldiers.”
According to him, this ostensibly led to the suspects detonating the bomb hoping to kill the soldiers who went to arrest them.
“But unfortunately for them, the materials exploded on them and killed them,” he said.
Abbah further said the soldiers who sustained various degrees of injuries were receiving treatment in the hospital.