Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fatai Rolling Dollar returns to limelight at 85

Fatai Rolling Dollar

Baba Fatai Rolling Dollar an 85-year-old music legend in Nigeria, known for the “highlife” dance music, has made a comeback several decades of his most popular days
Simply called Fatai Rolling Dollar returns , its socially-drenched lyrics and old world charm take us back to the Sixties palmwine style. This contemporary o
He is the father of 15 children. The youngest, not yet two years old, was born he says of an “adventure” on the trip of a concert in Germany.
In his recent remarks, He said “Hip-hop… has its own time, when this time will pass, everything will close up, but highlife will be there, because highlife is the root of the music that we have in Nigeria today,”
He hopes to set up a music school for young artists with no opportunity to develop their talents.
Baba said “I am still young, (cant you beat that at 85?) I have no job than music in my life. If I stop what can I eat? But God knows what will happen to me when I become very old, because I am not very old nowInteresting! "Won kere si number wa...Won kere si number wa, Won kere si number wa, awon omode yii Kere si number wa..." sing along please...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...