Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Woman Pours Hot Water On Step-Son

Olatunde Obasa, badly scalded by the hot water poured on him by his step-mother.
Eighteen years old Olatunde Obasa is currently fighting for his life in a hospital as his step-mother Mrs. Kemi Ajasa allegedly poured hot water on him at Igando area of Lagos, Southwest Nigeria.
Several parts of Olatunji’s body have been badly scalded as a result of the hot water poured on his body.
Mrs Ajasa was said to have fled the house after carrying out the dastardly act and threw the family into confusion.
Brother of the victim, Medley Ajasa has written a petition letter to the Governor, Babatunde Fashola and copied the Commissioner for Justice and Attorney General, Commissioner of Police and the Chairman, Lagos Internal Revenue Service, LIRS, where the woman works.
In the said letter, Medley required the assistance of the state government in ensuring that justice was done.
“On the morning of 27 June, 2012, my step-mother, Mrs. Kemi Ajasa (nee Osho), a staff of Lagos State Internal Revenue Service (LIRS) attached to the Headquarters Annex at Ladipo Oluwole, Off Oba Akran road, doused my younger brother of 18 years old, Olatunde Ajasa, with boiled water.
“As I write, my brother Tunde Ajasa is bed ridden in the hospital, fighting for his life, while my step-mother, Mrs. Kemi Ajasa after boasting that nothing can be done to her, has since moved out of the house and cannot be found,” he said in the letter.

“The facts of the matter are as follows: on the night of 26 June, 2012, I got a call from my brother, Tunde Ajasa. While crying on the phone, he explained to me that my step-mother threatened to kill him because he scolded her three-year old daughter for making a mess in his room,” he said.
He alleged that as a result of the action of his brother, his step-mother beat him up, broke bottles and threatened to stab him and that she would have succeeded but for the timely intervention of his father, uncle and his uncle’s wife.
“My uncle then took my step-mother along with him so that my younger brother would be allowed to sleep in the house that night.
“My step-mother returned to the house in the early hours of 27 June, 2012 with my uncle and everyone assumed that she had calmed down sufficiently. While my uncle and my father were discussing in the living room, they didn’t know that my step-mother had boiled water which she then proceeded to pour on my brother,” he alleged.
“ My brother screamed and passed out immediately. He has since been rushed to Bee-Hees Hospital at number 155, Akowonjo Road, Egbeda. My step-mother boasted as my brother was rushed to the hospital that she is well connected in Lagos State and that nothing can be done to her.
“We reported the matter at Igando Police Station where the Investigating Police Officer, IPO, Inspector Bamidele, took my statement. All efforts to locate my step-mother after this incident proved abortive. My family is deeply distressed as my brother lies in the hospital writhing in pains and fighting for his life.
“We therefore plead with the Lagos State Government and the relevant authorities to help us ensure that this woman is brought to justice. As law abiding citizens, we have laid a complaint at the police station and we believe that the police will do their best but we would appreciate if the Lagos State Government can also ensure that justice is speedily served on Mrs Kemi Ajasa,” Medley stated in the letter.
A police source at Igando Police Station confirmed that the incident was reported at the station and that the victim was badly burnt as a result of the hot water poured on him.
Since the incident occurred, Mrs. Ajasa had not reported at her work place.  Our reporter was told by some staff  at the LIRS that she had not reported for work since last week.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer in Lagos State, Ngozi Braide confirmed the story, saying that Mrs Ajasa was arrested last night and that she was being detained at the Igando Police Station.
Culled from PM News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...