Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Shocking video and photos taken by eyewitnesses to slaughter of soldier in which 'killer' blames British Government and apologises to women who saw it.

The man appears to be carrying a knife and a machete in his blood-covered hands
  • Footage shows man covered in blood addressing witnesses to incident
  • He can be heard saying 'an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth'
  • Apologises to women who witnessed the attack
  • Shocking footage emerged this evening of one of the suspected Woolwich attackers, covered in blood and saying: 'An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.'
    The footage, obtained by ITV News, shows the moments after the brutal attack.
    It shows the suspect, wearing a dark jacket, jeans and a beanie hat, calmly walking towards the camera with what appears to be a machete and a large knife, clasped by the handles in his bloodied left hand.

    The man tells the people at the scene: 'You people will never be safe. Remove your government, they don't care about you'
    Gesticulating with both hands the man points to his own face as he says: 'We must fight them as they fight us. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth'
     
    The man who filmed the video of one of the alleged attackers has told ITV News he was assured he was in no danger.
    He said the man with the bloodied hands approached him when he saw he was filming. He said he was told: 'No, no, no - it's cool, I just want to talk to you.'
    He said the man had been able to escape, but wanted to talk about the incident.


    ITV's footage then cuts to two men being detained by police on the ground nearby, while passers by mill around just behind them. Some are filming the drama as it unfolds on camera phones before being shepherded away by officers.
    Eyewitnesses said the victim, who a local MP said was believed to be a soldier, was attacked by two men, with some suggesting the attackers tried to behead him.
    Home Secretary Theresa May said: 'I have been briefed by the Metropolitan Police Commissioner and the Director General of the Security Service.
    'It has been confirmed to me that a man has been brutally murdered this afternoon in south east London. Two other men were shot by armed police and they are currently receiving treatment for their injuries.
    'I have called a COBR (Cabinet Office Briefing Room) meeting where I will receive further briefing. This is a sickening and barbaric attack.'
    David Cameron described the attack as 'truly shocking'.
    Downing Street said the Prime Minister, who was planning to stay in Paris overnight after meeting the French president, would be returning tonight instead.
    The footage also shows two men being detained by police on the ground

    Culled from dailymail.co.uk
    Photo Credit ITV News

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...