Monday, March 19, 2012

Man 89, has spent $10,000 and 25 years carving his own Egyptian coffin.


An 89-year-old man from Orlando Florida, has painstakingly created his very own sarcophagus from prime cedar wood and even plans to be fully mummified when he dies - just like a Pharaoh.

'Since I can remember being able to read I have devoured all information about the ancient kingdoms of Egypt and have spent a lifetime collecting memorabilia from that period.

He's crafted the casket by teaching himself expert carpentry skills from scratch and studying ancient Egyptian designs through second hand textbooks.

You Jewish news reported that, determined Fred Guentert has now nearly finished his very own tomb, which now weighs over 21 stone - over 315 lbs - and is seven feet long.
Painted in the royal colors of the ancient Pharaoh's, Fred plans to be placed inside his macabre labor of love when his number's up.

'I was born in 1922, the year Howard Carter and the Earl of Carnarvon discovered King Tutankhamen's tomb in Egypt,' explained Fred, from Orlando, Florida.'I feel it was fate and it's given me a lifelong fascination with ancient Egypt.'My mother was given a National Geographic magazine featuring the story directly after my birth and she kept it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...