Three more persons have died from the injuries they sustained during the Easter Sunday car bomb blast in Kaduna. This brings the death toll to 41.
Officials at Barau Dikko Specialist Hospital in Kaduna said three patients who were admitted after the bombing died on Monday.
State officials previously said at least 38 people died in the explosion at a busy crossroads in Kaduna, a city on the dividing line between Nigeria’s largely Christian south and Muslim north.
No one has claimed responsibility for Sunday’s attack, though suspicion has fallen on a radical Islamist sect in Nigeria known as Boko Haram.
An improvised explosive device in a Honda car with a lone occupant went off on Sunday, killing mostly commercial motorcycle operators, hawkers of fuel and passers-by.
The blast took place at the Junction/Sardauna Crescent area of Kaduna.
Sixty houses were also damaged by the blast which was described as “massive” by the Kaduna State Commissioner of Police, Mohammed Abubakar Jingiri.
Motorcycle operators in the area said at least 100 of their members were killed during the blast.
Addressing newsmen in Kaduna Monday, the Secretary-General of the Amalgamated Commercial Motorcycle Owners and Riders Association of Nigeria, Nasir Mamman said: “On the average, over 100 of our members lost their lives.”
Other injured survivors are still receiving treatment in various hospitals.Culled from PM News